On a Mission:
The Lola Mercedes Parker Foundation for the Economic Empowerment of Business and Professional Women (LMPF) focuses on leadership and entrepreneurship development through education and technology-driven programs to combat societal and cultural barriers of entry and to create a path forward for intentional success. Each programmatic function is supported by business alliances that uphold our ideals and build bridges for wider connections.
Throughout 2020 we will celebrate five years of existence. During this time the LMPF has worked to build infrastructure, programming and partnerships that connect our communities to the goals and ideals of Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Incorporated. Our signature I3 Symposiums – Inform, Inspire, Ignite – have been essential to the enrichment of the sorority and the empowerment of our communities. We look forward to celebrating our fifth anniversary throughout this year and building for the future.
The outlook of the LMPF is sound and secure. We are excited for what the future holds for the Foundation, the sorority and our communities. To that end I am extremely pleased to announce our new Board of Directors:
- Stephanie Dilworth, Chairman
- Nicole Ford, Vice Chairman
- Cheryl Scott, Secretary
- Patricia Walker, Treasurer
- Cory Milam, Executive Director
- Dorothy White, Programs
- Shantanoo Govilkar, Programs
- Pamela Kearse, Governance
- Antoinette Murphy, Public Relations & Marketing
- KaShauna Spratley, Programs
I am also pleased to announce our new Board of Advisors:
- Charlotte Berry, National President Elect, Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- Jessica Brown, Central Regional Director, Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- Shirley Dean Johnson, Eastern Regional Director, Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- Pamela Paige, Far Western Regional Director Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- Phyllis Moore, Southern Regional Director, Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- Vahnita Loud, Southwestern Regional Director Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
We are eager to see what unfolds for the LMPF! Join us as we celebrate five years as a foundation. Support us as we continue to build and expand the work of the foundation. Engage with us by sharing your ideas and partner with us for rich initiatives and programming.
We believe that leadership, entrepreneurship, education, and technology are just four of the critical components to the success of our communities. We believe that these components are the building blocks of our key objectives which can be achieved through strategic partnerships with public and private entities, as well as, local community businesses. The LMP Foundation is committed to action and to be a beacon in the communities we serve.
Partner with us…
As support for our aims, goals, and initiatives, around the country, continues to grow, there is still more to accomplish. We need your support, your ideas, and your partnership.
Chairman, Lola Mercedes Parker Foundation